Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Weekend Update...

Speaking of weekend update (the SNL kind), I just finished Tina Feys book Bossy Pants. Has anyone else read this? If you want a quick light funny read I highly recommend this. I read it when I traveling for work and I have never found myself laughing out loud more then I did while reading this book. I'm sure the people next to me on the plane thought I was a little strange...I even had to bookmark a few pages so I could read them to Cody when I got home because I thought for sure he find them hilarious. I would say this is a book for females:)


Anyway on to the real weekend update. So here was my list of things I wanted to get accomplished:
  • Spray paint mats
  • Sew a curtain for bedroom
  • Oversee my Mom paint trim :)
  • Sand and paint entry table
  • Make mirror
So my spray painting idea did not go according to plan. I was all set to spray paint the mats. I did about 4 or 5 even coats on them, or tried too at least. For some reason the spray paint would not stick to the mats. They must have had some kind of weird finish on them.
At least I tried...So then my journey began to find new mats for our pictures. I need two 5x7, two 8x10, and one 12x14. First I tried Jeffrey Allen's which did not have white in stock just off white. Boo! Next I hit up Hobby Lobby which didn't have any 12x14 sizes. Another BOO! Then I went to Michael's. They had every size I needed in the right color and I even had a coupon! Success!


Did you notice we have a supermodel in our house??!


It's true, I mean I deal with a lot of insecurities issues living with him and all but I seem to manage:) So mark that item of my list! Next was painting the trim! My Mom came over Friday evening and put a coat of paint on all the trim in the hallway. She is too good to me! All it needs is one more and the hallway is done. Next up was the curtain. So, in our bedroom we have a walk in bathroom/closet. There isn't a door between the sink area and bedroom area. But there is a door between the sink and the toilet. So you can imagine that every morning when I get up and my supermodel husband is getting his beauty sleep that he needs for his next runway show I am not able to turn the light on in the bathroom to get ready because it's too bright and wakes up Cindy Crawford. So I used some black out lining my Mom had and some fabric I had to make a curtain.

All I did was make a large panel the size of the door and attach it to a rod and clips I bought from Walmart.

And let me say that I'm sure I look a whole better every day since I can now turn the light on !
And that's about all I got done this weekend! I am planning on hitting up Home Depot tonight to start to work on the mirror and get some paint for my entry way table. Sorry I don't have more jokes for my weekend update like Seth Meyers and Tina Fey...I'll work on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment