Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Perfection

 “A house has to evolve and change.”—Furniture designer Julian Chichester

So here is a crazy thought, when Cody and I started to think about looking to buy our first house I used to think that I wanted to find a house that was completely done; aka did not need any updates or renovations. I thought that I wanted the house to be done and perfect before we moved in. Decorated, painted, everything donzo BEFORE we moved in. I was obviously crazy at the thought that could happen that I wanted that to happen. I guess I thought that if the house was perfect we could go on and live our wonderful life free of the chaos that all that can bring. So, why did I want that? Why did I think that was perfection to me? Who knows, but I loved that quote about our house evolving and changing with us. I love interior design, reading design blogs, and looking at my most coveted House Beautiful magazine every month. As beautiful as the pictures are in the magazine of those spaces that is never what our house is ever going to look like. For one, I change my mind about what I want a room to look like, or how it should feel all the time. And I never want our home to look too serious than the kind of people that we are if that makes sense. In short I want to try and have fun with all the design decisions we make and know that 2 or 3 years down the road they may not be the right choices for us at that time and that’s ok…because change is good.






The memories that Cody and I have made in our house in the 3 short months we have owned it I would never trade for a chaos free life. Have they all been happy and wonderful? Heck no. But we have realized that these are the things we have loved doing together. Maybe I’m just crazy and think about paint colors, and fabric choices way too much. Perhaps I have a problem, if that’s the case then let me introduce myself…Hi my name is Erin and I am a paint sample addict.  

No comments:

Post a Comment