Monday, August 15, 2011

Done and Done

Well folks, our bedroom is officially done. Do you realize what that means? It means we have one room in our house that is actually completed. And it only took us 2 1/2 months:) Ok, so do you remember the before pictures?




Oh man, those are bad. I kinda forgot how bad it actually was! Ok, so now that your eyeballs are burned to the core because of all that blue, here are the afters!


Our bed is from Overstock. It looks exactly like the Colette bed from Crate & Barrel which is like $2,000! We got ours for around $500. All of our bedding I got on sale from Serena and Lilly.


The white curtains are from IKEA, and the bamboo blinds are from overstock.

Our nightstands are from IKEA. They come unfinished in a blond hardwood. All we did was refinish them. We stained the outside and painted the drawers white and added some new knobs. Those puppies were under $30 each!


This dresser we had. It was in a lighter wood finish. We lightly sanded it, primed it, and did 3 coats of paint on it. It is an icy blue color.



The painting above our dresser is something I made for Cody for our anniversary. It's the song that was sung at our wedding. I had seen this idea on a  blog and loved it! All I did was go to Lowes and find a piece of already cut to size wood that I liked. I put a few coats of stain on it, let it dry a day or two then used a small paintbrush to write out the lyrics of the song. You could defiantly do this with just about anything, a quote, song or poem. You could also take it one step further and sand it to give it a really cool distressed look.
Our carpet is from Home Depot and it is the Martha Stewart brand. We loooooove our carpet, it feel like pillows when your walking on it. We got the best pad to go under it and I think that makes all the difference with carpet. And it has a lifetime guarantee on it!

Ok, on to the bathroom and closet! We still have a few updates to do in the bathroom like new faucets and a new light fixture.


These cabinets were obviously blue before. We sanded them. Primed them. And I did about 4 or 5 coats of paint on them!


The tile was done by Cody and my Dad. They did a great job on it. It was Cody's first tiling experience and since he is now a rock star in the tile department he can now do the tile in the kitchen, laundry room, and bathroom. I know he is anxiously awaiting his next tile project :)

The mirrors are built in medicine cabinets so we knew we wanted to keep those! All they needed was a coat of primer and a few coats of white paint and they were set!

The closet might be my favorite room. Since everything in here was blue, the walls, cabinets and floor; this tiny little space needed a lot of paint! The first step was to sand all the cabinets, inside and out. Then we primed the cabinets and the walls. Next up was 2 coats of paint. We used the same color for the cabinets and walls that is in our bedroom. 


 The light is from Home Depot and the cute little Mr. & Mrs. letters are from an etsy seller.


The little bench we found at an antique mall for 2$. We painted the legs, and recovered the cushion.

So let's talk about shoes. I knew I wanted built in shoe storage on either side of the closet. I basically built these babies by myself. I bought some wood from Lowes and a few pieces of trim. All we did was measure the space and built them to fit in there perfect. Of course we primed and painted them. I kept changing my mind about what color I wanted. I couldn't decide between the green which is the same color as the bathroom cabinets, white or a light grey (the color of the walls). I'm glad I went with the green. I think If I would have done white it would have shown the dirt a lot more!




The rest are just fun little detail shots of our closet!




I think that about does it! I have been working on our entry way table over the weekend! Here's a little teaser...these are the color I'm using. I should have it done hopefully tonight!

 

2 comments: