Thursday, June 7, 2012

Weekend Getaway


Last weekend we headed up to South Haven Michigan for a little weekend getaway with some college friends, and this time the husbands came along! This was different because we normally just have weekend trips with the girls but we thought we would invite the guys this time!


We stayed in a house that was about 2 miles from the beach and downtown area. The house worked out great for everyone!




Friday was raining so we played quite a few board games and headed out to dinner that night at a cute restaurant downtown named Clementine’s. We also frequented this ice cream place all weekend called Sherman’s.  I think we all ate our weight in ice cream there! I know this girl sure tried!




This was the kind of place where a small was really a large and 2 scoops were really 4!!


Saturday the weather was much better so we headed to the downtown area. They happen to be having some kind of festival that involved a vintage car show which was pretty cool!





If I had to take one home with me it would have been this mint green beauty! Why don’t they make cars these colors anymore?


We hit up some antique stores which is now becoming our favorite past time. 


And here are all the goodies I scored:


I got this cookie jar for $8 that is in really great condition.



I found both these plates for around $10 each. 



I also got this cute little vintage dinner mint tin that was in really good shape and matched some of the other green things in my kitchen. I think it looks right at home on our kitchen desk area!


And finally I found this little vintage silver cup for $2 that is currently being used as a candy dish.

We also made it to the beach on probably the most windy day ever! 



It was such a great weekend catching up with these girls that mean the world to me! We all live in different states and it can be a rare occurrence when we can all find time to get together so this was a great weekend!! 









No comments:

Post a Comment