Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Awesome and Awkward

So I decided to start this new tradition. It’s called awesome and awkward Wednesday. I did not think of this myself obviously, because I’m not that smart, but I thought it would be great for two reasons. One it will hopefully force me to blog more often and two I feel like I have a lot of random things that happen to me that I like to talk about and I think Cody gets sick of hearing it...so now you do:) So get excited!  


AWESOME:


-Finding out Amazing Race casting calls our coming to our area in September. You better believe my dad and I are applying. A preacher and his daughter? You know were shoo ins to fit the “religious” stereotype.


-Booking a weekend getaway with college friends that is less than a month away!

-Having the guy at the video rental place tell me for the 20th time that I look like zooey deschanel and ask to take my picture so he can prove it to his friend he was telling…yea I felt like a rock star then shot him down about the picture. Made me feel good, but can you say creepy?

 -Spending a Saturday morning going to antique stores with your husband and out to breakfast at bob evans and realizing  you’re the youngest couple there under 70.

-Being able to sing an entire rap song that I hadn't heard since high school in the car with my husband as he looks at me wondering who he married. 

AWKWARD:

-Not being able to remember your neighbor’s name, especially when you’re trying to get their attention.

-Filling a bag up with apples at the supermarket and when turning to put them in your cart they fall out of the bag and you spend the next 5 minutes chasing rolling apples around the produce section.


-Tripping over a mound of breakable dishes that are stored on the floor of your guest bedroom while your kitchen cabinets are getting painted  just to get to the dang microwave because you really want to pop some popcorn, and having the painter guy ask if you’re ok.

 -Realizing that for the past year of my life I thought I was turning 27 instead of 26.

 -Overhearing a few Jr. High girls discussing whether they would choose Peeta or Gale from Hunger Games and letting them know I would defiantly choose Peeta because he could obviously bake you cupcakes all the time, then having them give me a look that took me all the way back to Jr. High….then I promptly turned around and continued to check out at the supermarket while I reminded myself they aren't even old enough to buy cigarettes and alchohol…of which neither were in my cart I just wanted to feel better about myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment