Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Wish Me Luck...

So, I have spent a few months trying to find the perfect side/end tables for our back room. I have wanted something more rustic looking to balance out some other stuff we have going on in that room.  After months of looking online and checking out a few stores I couldn’t find anything I liked. Well I take that back, I found plenty I liked but I didn’t quite think Cody would think it would be a good idea to spend almost $800 on 2 end tables. But I also didn’t want to buy something that I didn’t really like and something that I would get sick of. So I decided I would make them myself. These are the two end tables that I liked the best, but were wayyyy out of my price range.



The first one is from Crate and Barrel and it is $399 per end table! WHAAAATT? I’ll be honest, for that price they should throw in a coffee table and lamp!



The second one is from a really great shopping site called One King’s Lane. I really liked the stain on this one and that it had sides.

So I am hoping I can come up with something in between these in style and color. That’s my big plan for this weekend. You may be wondering what other pieces of furniture I have made? None. But there’s a first for everything. My goal is for someone not to say “Wow, I’m guessing you made those.” But “Wow, where did you get those?” We’ll see. I have already gone to Lowes and priced out the wood I would need. If I never blog about them again, you will know it was an epic fail. Wish me Luck…

1 comment: