Friday, February 24, 2012

Have I seen you before?

With pinterest, and blogs, and the internet I feel like I see a lot of the same stuff all over. And by that I mean I’ll see a light fixture I like then in the next few weeks I start noticing it everywhere online. And then it starts losing its coolness to me, maybe because I want unique things in my home that feel one-of-a-kind, even if they aren’t. So last night while perusing pinterest I saw a light fixture that I had never seen before. It is from a better homes and gardens kitchen makeover. To check out the full makeover go here. I love this for 3 reasons.

1.) I have never seen anything like it before
2.) It’s cheap
3.) It could involve spray paint which is always a good thing






They used a $40 IKEA chandelier and took those wood craft balls in three different sizes and made swags by inserting eye hooks into each one. How awesome is this? Since this chandelier only comes in black, I’m thinking a coat of glossy navy spray paint is just what this would need and spraying all those wood craft balls a fun green and white…….







I’m thinking I just found my new kitchen chandelier to go above our dining table!

No comments:

Post a Comment