Saturday, September 3, 2011

The Great Wall of Frames


I have been wanting to do a gallery wall in our house since we moved in. I knew I wanted one in our hallway. Why do hallways always have to be boring? Well I did not want ours to be! I love the idea of a gallery wall of pictures and being able to change out the pictures when ever I feel like it. I have seen gallery walls done in a lot of different ways. After I saw this post from the blog Young House Love (who Is probably my favorite blog to read) I knew I wanted a similar look for ours. At first I thought I wanted all the same style of frames, but I kind of liked the idea of different styles and shades of white. My frames came from IKEA, Target, and West Elm. I followed the same process Young House Love did when it came to figuring out how to hang them all.

I cut out construction paper the size of each frame I had. As daunting as it was I think this is the best way to figure out the placement you want. After I cut them out, I started taping them up until I had the arrangement that I wanted. Then came the long part! Measuring and nailing all of them. I measured each frames hanging device and marked it with an X on the wall so then I could just hammer right into the X then pull the paper off.


Then, I just started hanging the frames. I hung some of the larger frames first then filled in with the smaller ones. Once I was done with that I started filling them up with pictures. I also snagged some velcro dots that I put on the back of each frame in the corners. I wanted to make sure they would not fall off the wall too easily!

They are super sticky so I know they will stay on the wall! And its still easy to take them off the wall and switch out pictures. And here's the afters! Its hard to get one shot of the whole thing.


I still have a few pictures to put in, but I love it! I love being able to display all the pictures that we love.  from old ones of our family to some of our wedding pictures.




I have been saving some old pictures from our family's that I can now display. We love the old vintage look of them.


Here is my favorite one of Cody when he was younger...






And another great one...when Cody proposed to me! We got it captured on camera!
We love being able to display all our favorite pictures! I think after Cody got over the initial shock of how many holes I was going to be putting in the wall he loves it just as much as I do!

1 comment:

  1. Erin, I LOVE it!! It's so cute! Such a great idea. I may have to copy it if we ever got enough money ; )

    ReplyDelete